Saturday 31 October 2015

CapeTown

I am standing on the jetty waiting to go to immigration after a wonderful stop over in Cape Town. So different to Rio where the facilities were worse than basic and numerous crew were mugged. Here we have had fantastic weather, too much food, good company and too many late nights.

 I apologise for the rushed blog and hope that can get my act together in Australia.

I wasn't able to get up Table Mountain as on the two days that I tried the cable car was not running due to high winds. We did manage an open top bus tour that took us to the lower cable station and then on to Cables Bay, a beautiful beach where we ate ice cream and paddled in the sea. I also got out to Robben Island - a tour that I found very moving as we were guided around by someone who spent time there. I can't understand why people can be so cruel to others!

It has been a great place to stay and I would love to come back and to spend more time exploring the city and surrounding area. The people have been really friendly and keen to hear about our adventure. The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront is a bubble in the city where only the affluent can afford to visit. Fortunately the Rand:£ exchange rate is in our favour so everything is very cheap. £15 for a three course meal with wine and beer for those partial to such things. My best meal was a 'game kebab' of ostrich, kudu, Impala and wildebeest. Really tasty with the wildebeest melting in my mouth. The fish has been excellent and with other lunches and dinners eaten out I have probably a gained all a the weight lost to date.

Just heard that immigration are running at least 45 minutes late, so more time to get this finished.

I sit here (in reality standing while leaning on a convenient dustbin), slightly anxious about the journey ahead. The Southern Ocean is notorious for high winds and big seas though we have an advantage in that we experienced something similar in the storm as we approached Cape Town. We need to make sure that everyone is clipped on at all times and there is always one hand for the boat
and one for ourselves. Most injuries occur below decks so moving carefully will be the order of the day. I am sure we will all be OK, just a bit wary of what is ahead.

It has been lovely to get everyone's messages, comments and emails and to know that I have the support back home. Please continue. Time is always short in port so apologies for to always being able to respond but my thoughts are with you all. What this adventurers teaching me is that I need to be more nurturing of my relationships and friendships as every one of you is important to me - I have only just realised how important.

I must sign off now. I will try and add some photos but as you regular readers know I am not always successful. Here goes!

Kate xxx




10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information and nice collection.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing. Unblocked Games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really!!! I am very impressed after reading this blog. thanks for providing deep information for
    Restaurant in der Nahe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    vatican tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Reservierungssystem Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is easier and surely gives comfort to internet users. Thanks for sharing. Post like this offers great benefit. Thank you!
    best lunch in dallas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great news. Thank you for sharing it with us!
    all in one pos system

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration.
    Restaurant suchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I really appreciate all the great content you have here. I am glad I cam across it!
    download pos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the post. Im a big fan of the blog, i've even put a little bookmark right on the tool bar of my Firefox you'll be happy to find out!
    Envios a venezuela desde orlando

    ReplyDelete