Friday 8 May 2015

Crew Allocation and start port

A good day yesterday when we found out that we will be leaving from St Katherine's Docks on the 30th August. Also I
am on 'Team Jim' and will be finding out our boat sponsor when that has been sorted.

Seems like a good crew and I am really pleased to have Jim as skipper.  Two others from my Level 1 Training and one person from Frensham Sailing Club so not all unknown.  The race has really started!!

Now on L2 training which began with Sea Survival today and will continue with offshore life when we set sail tomorrow.  A real mix of crew including 3 from China, 4 from South Africa, 2 from France and me. Skipper from Canada and his mate from Liverpool - so an international feel.

Will let you know how the week went, but I'm hoping for good winds to take us west along the south coast and back.

 
'Team Jim' on the steps of Portsmouth Guildhall just after Crew Allocation




No comments:

Post a Comment